An Important Message from Santa Teresa Dental Regarding COVID-19
To our patients,
We hope this finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last two years. We take the responsibility of being your oral health care provider seriously. We had and will continue to operate at reduced capacity for your and our safety.
With more availability of testing, in addition to daily Covid-19 symptom self screening, our entire staff had gotten tested regularly. We had isolated even with slight symptoms. We did not return to work until a negative Covid-19 test is provided. We are up-to-date with our Covid-19 vaccination. We will, however, continue all patient safety measures until being directed otherwise by public health officials. Guidelines for healthcare remains unchanged.
Patient safety has always been our top priority and even so now. We are current on the latest guidelines and have always strictly followed the infection control protocols made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), California Department of Public Health (CDPH), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Although, it is not required, we have acquired a powerful 950 CADR H13 HEPA air purifier that covers up to 5,000 square feet every hour. It removes 99.99% of particles down to 0.1 microns. This air purifier is left on 24 hours a day from Monday to Friday. Additionally, multiple medium-room and small-room portable air purifiers are being utilized throughout the office.
To ensure optimal ventilation, all fans inside the office including the ones inside our Heating & Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems are on throughout the day and 2 hours beyond the last patient. This process is automated by Google Nest Thermostats.
We have also installed Fresh-Aire UV APCO Mags in our HVAC systems. They are time-tested, zero ozone emission and patented ultraviolent germicidal irradiation (UVGI) devices. They sterilize biological contaminants in the air.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. For example:
- We will continue to provide tele-dentistry for triage and advice.
- We ask you to kindly limit the number of companions to only absolutely necessary such as translator, caretaker, parent/guardian.
- Feel free to fill out the forms at home prior to your appointment. And if you have done so, you have the option to check-in via telephone or text. You can then wait for your appointment in the comfort of your car.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You'll be asked those same questions when you are in the office. If you or your companion is up-to-date with your Covid-19 vaccination, let us know. The pre-visit screening would go a lot faster!
- Don't forget to wear your face covering. Guideline for mask wearing regardless of vaccination status remains unchanged in healthcare settings.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Coffee station is temporarily put away. We do have bottled water for you. Just ask!
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you're offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- You will be greeted by a staff member wearing a mask.
- Curtains are installed as additional barriers between treatment rooms.
- A portable air purifier will be used inside the treatment room with all procedures.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty.
Dr. Andrew Huang, Dr. Ann & the entire team of Santa Teresa Dental