An Important Message from Santa Teresa Dental Regarding COVID-19
To our patients,
We hope this finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last year. We take the responsibility of being your oral health care provider seriously. We have been operating at reduced capacity for your and our safety. Dentistry is deemed essential. We remain OPEN to care for all your dental needs.
With more availability of testing available, in addition to daily Covid-19 symptom screening questions and temperature checks, our entire staff had gotten tested regularly and will continue to do so. We had isolated even with slight symptom. We did not return to work until a negative Covid-19 test is provided. Entire staff are now double vaccinated. We will, however, continue all patient safety measures until being directed otherwise by public health officials.
Patient safety has always been our top priority and even so now. We are up to date on the most current guidelines and have always strictly followed the infection control protocols made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Although, it is not required, we have acquired a powerful 950 CADR H13 HEPA air purifier that covers up to 5,000 square feet every hour. It removes 99.97% of particles down to 0.1 microns. This air purifier is left on 24 hours a day from Monday to Friday. Additionally, multiple medium-room and small-room portable air purifiers are being utilized throughout the office.
To ensure optimal ventilation, all fans inside the office including the ones inside our Heating & Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems will be left on throughout the day and 2 hours beyond the last patient. This process will be automated by Google Nest Thermostats.
We have also installed Fresh-Aire UV APCO Mags in our HVAC systems. They are time-tested, zero ozone emission and patented ultraviolent germicidal irradiation (UVGI) devices. They will sterilize biological contaminants in the air.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. For example:
- We will continue to provide tele-dentistry for triage and advice.
- We ask you to kindly limit the number of companions to only absolutely necessary such as translator, caretaker, parent/guardian.
- Feel free to fill out the forms at home prior to your appointment. And if you have done so, you have the option to check-in via telephone or text. You can then wait for your appointment in the comfort of your car.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions when you are in the office. Your temperature will be taken at check-in.
- Don’t forget to wear your face covering. Please do not enter our facility without one.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Magazines, children’s toys, coffee station, and so forth are temporarily put away, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. We do have sealed bottled water for you. Just ask!
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- You will be greeted by a staff member wearing a mask.
- There will be no hugs and handshakes offered. We know … that is super hard!
- Presence of sneeze guards at the front desk.
- Curtains are installed as additional barriers between treatment rooms.
- Curtains and a portable air purifier might be used inside the treatment room with certain procedures.
Please note that all providers follow strict donning (put on) and doffing (take off) personal protective equipment (PPE) protocol. We will be using new smock jackets for every patient. You may see additional PPE such as face shields and/or double masks.
We look forward to seeing you again soon and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty. We look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Andrew Huang, Dr. Ann & the entire team of Santa Teresa Dental