Laser Dentistry Morgan Hill, CA
Santa Teresa Dental from Morgan Hill California is pleased to offer our patients treatment using the most effective dental technologies, including the 810nm AMD diode laser.
A laser is a device that uses light energy to deliver specific dental treatments. LASER is an acronym for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.
This exciting technology is widely used in medical and dental communities safely and effectively and often with dramatic and positive results.
Lasers are unique because they can treat targeted tissue while leaving surrounding tissue unaffected.
Laser dentistry offers several advantages to patients.
- Procedures performed using a laser on soft tissue may not require sutures (stitches).
- Some laser dentistry procedures do not require anesthesia (numbing of the area to be treated).
- Lasers also minimize bleeding and risk of bacterial infections.
- Moreover, mouth tissue heals more quickly after dental treatment using a laser.
Dr. Huang is able to perform very precise procedures that would otherwise not be possible without a laser.
Laser Applications in Dentistry
Lasers currently are used in a wide variety of dental procedures including
- cavity detection
- tooth preparation
- treatment of tooth sensitivity
- treatment of hepatic lesions and aphthous ulcers
In addition, dental lasers are used to
- reshape gum tissue and bone to expose healthier tooth structure
It is referred to as crown lengthening, such reshaping provides a stronger foundation for the placement of restorations.
Gum tissue can also be reshaped to expose healthy tooth structure and improve the appearance of a “gummy” smile.
We also use lasers to
- attack periodontal inflammation at the microscopic level of infection
The power of its focused light destroys otherwise inaccessible bacterial colonies while simultaneously creating an ideal environment for healing.
Ask Dr. Huang how laser dentistry can help you to achieve excellent oral and overall health.