Full Mouth Reconstruction Morgan Hill, CA
Reconstructive dentistry refers to the set of procedures designed to replace missing teeth, repair damaged teeth, correct improperly seated jaw joints and faulty bites, address jawbone and gum damage, replace worn-out dental work, and in some cases, treat diseases of the mouth.
In other words, when you go to a general dentist, he or she may perform basic needed treatments. But when multiple oral health problems exist, a dentist who has in-depth knowledge and training on full mouth reconstruction such as Dr. Andrew Huang of Santa Teresa Dental should be considered.
We offer a complete range of dental services. We see ourselves as a comprehensive dentist. We evaluate your overall dental needs with the goal of optimizing the health of your mouth. Restoring your smile and full oral function have full body health benefits. Getting rid of harmful bacteria in your mouth prevents the bacteria from spreading to other parts of the body. Restoring chewing function gives you better digestion of food and nutrients.
Frequently Asked Questions
When all dentitions and oral issues need to be considered at the same time cohesively, and in severe cases treated by restoring ALL dentition, the process is known as a full mouth reconstruction or full mouth rehabilitation.
It can include any combination of the following:
- Physician consultation: working closely with your physician to eliminate possible underlying health issues such as acid reflux or sleep apnea
- Restorative dental treatment: dental crowns, bridges, fillings, inlays, and onlays
- Implant dentistry: dental implants to replace missing teeth, replicating natural teeth from root to crown
- Cosmetic dentistry: porcelain veneers, teeth whitening, dental bonding, and gum re-contouring
- Neuromuscular dentistry/TMD treatment: correction of problems involving the temporomandibular joints (TMJs) and the bite
- Bruxism treatments: therapy to resolve teeth grinding and associated symptoms
- Orthodontics: Invisalign®, traditional metal braces, spacers, expanders, and retainers
- Oral surgery: root canal therapy, soft and hard tissue grafting, and tooth extractions
- Periodontal treatment: scaling and root planning, gum surgery
Through a series of consultations, photos, and discussions with models we discuss desired outcomes for esthetics and function.
Once a treatment plan or sequence has been developed, the actual process can take several appointments.
We work on one section of your mouth at a time. For example, the upper back teeth may be restored first then we would move on to the lower back. We may then work on upper front teeth following by lower front teeth.
During each stage, you will wear temporary restorations while the lab fabricates your beautiful permanent restorations.
The length of time to completion depends on the complexity of the cases, most straight-forward cases will take up to one year. Some, however, may take several years to accomplish that fully functional result.
We have a long list of satisfied patients who have enjoyed successful end results. Dr. Andrew Huang has gone through extensive training on the subject of full mouth reconstruction. The training included a 2-year fellowship program with a prosthodontist, Dr. Bruce Crispin of Esthetic Professionals in Los Angeles and ongoing training with world-renowned restorative and cosmetic dentist, Dr. Frank Spear in Arizona.
You deserve a smile that you feel great and confident in. We promise to customize a treatment plan only after a thorough consultation with you. Together, having that brilliant smile that you always dream of is within your reach.